Maintenance Coordinator & Warehouse Worker — Open
Divert NS is a not-for-profit based in Truro, NS, focused on supporting the province to recycle and live in more sustainable ways. Through a combination of stewardship programs and multiple initiatives, they provide new opportunities and approaches to waste diversion and reduction.
Divert NS values diversity and equity. We seek applicants comprised of backgrounds that reflect the communities in which we operate. This includes, but is not limited to, age, gender, persons with disabilities, racialized persons, Black, Indigenous and people of colour.
On their behalf, we are seeking a highly motivated team player to fill the Maintenance Coordinator & Warehouse Worker position at their processing facility in Kemptown, Colchester County, NS.
The Maintenance Coordinator & Warehouse Worker will assist with the overall maintenance and repairs of Divert NS processing facility and process used beverage containers collected through Divert NS’ beverage container recycling program and the Enviro-Depot™ network. They will be required to repair equipment and inspect building maintenance needs, as well as unload, bale, store, and load processed bales for shipment.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30-4:30 (typically). Requires working outside these hours as needed (i.e., mornings/evenings/weekends/holidays).
Wages: $18.07 – $21.63 / hour
- Health and Dental benefits
- 3 weeks’ vacation/year
- Cost shared RRSP plan
- Perform regular inspections of the building and equipment as required
- Plumbing, electrical, mechanical and/or structural maintenance and repairs of the processing facility
- Forklift, conveyor, baler, and compaction trailer maintenance/repairs
- Unload beverage containers from trailers delivered to the warehouse
- Load baled/processed materials on trailers for shipment
- Operate a forklift, pallet jack and/or baler safely with required training
- Use electronic scanners and complete required paperwork daily
- Complete other necessary record-keeping as required
- Perform quality control checks of product received from Enviro-Depots
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Maintenance and/or mechanical background is mandatory
- Must possess good communication skills to work in a team setting with other employees and outside contractors
- Must have good organizational skills relevant to the operation of an efficient warehouse
- Must be capable of performing basic maintenance checks on equipment and fill out applicable paperwork
- Must be physically fit with the ability to lift and/or drag items ranging in weighting up to 75lbs (Divert NS reserves the right to have the employee undergo a medical fitness test prior to hiring or during the probationary employment period)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
- Experience working in an operations environment; operating a baler is an asset
- Desirable: forklift operating license, WHIMIS and First Aid certificates
- Safety boots are mandatory; other safety items are provided
If you are interested to join a diverse team and contribute to improving the environment, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting project 1951 in the subject line.