- Do you wake up every morning looking forward to going to work?
- Is the work you do interesting and challenging?
- Are you being paid fairly for your efforts?
- Are you proud to tell your friends who you work for?
- Does your employer offer you the opportunity to learn and advance?
- Do your values align with your employer’s values?
- Do you feel energized at the end of a work day?
If you are like most people, you answered ‘no’ to many of these questions.
But consider for a moment. What would it feel like to be able to answer ‘yes’ to every one of those questions?
PINNACLE: How to Land the Right Job and Find Fulfillment in Your Career can help you do just that.
Whether you are a young professional trying to get launched on the right career path, at mid-career and hoping to advance your career, or at late-career and seeking meaningful work in the last phase of your career, PINNACLE: How to Land the Right Job and Find Fulfillment in Your Career will help you find meaning, fun, and fair pay from your career.
Gerald Walsh has distilled more than 25 years of recruiting experience into this book. He has interviewed over 15,000 people and seen smart people make very foolish mistakes. He has also seen the best—those applicants who stand out from the crowd.
In short, he knows what works and what doesn’t work, and he shares these insights with you in his book.
PINNACLE: How to Land the Right Job and Find Fulfillment in Your Career is available now. It’s a comprehensive overview of the entire job-hunting process, designed to help you learn about yourself and reveal the path that will take you where you want to go.
If you are ready for that next step, this is your guide.
Gerry stands alone as one of Atlantic Canada’s recruitment and career transition thought leaders and practitioners. His book is informed by his decades of experience and providing advice on recruitment and job search. The layout of the book works brilliantly from helping readers develop a job search plan, build their toolbox, and understand how to navigate the job search process, including how to successfully interview and negotiate and offer. This is an important book for job seekers.
– Pierre Battah, Author: Humanity at Work, Leading for Better Relationships and Results
What a great contribution to the career development field. I have been in this field for over 30 years. This is the most current, most resourceful, most complete book I have seen on the subject. It is a must read for those seeking a fulfilling career and anyone working in career planning and development.
– Dr. Bob Ruotolo, CEO and Founder of the Quantum Performance Institute
This book lives up to its title. Gerry masterfully covers the spectrum on how to lead a more fulfilling life by finding the work you are meant to do.
– Steve Foran, CEO, Gratitude at Work
Gerald Walsh has distilled what works and what doesn’t work into practical, step-by-step wisdom that will become a blueprint for your career.
– Martin Rutte, Co-author of the New York Times business bestseller Chicken Soup for the Soul at Work
This is a book I would recommend to my students when they look for their first job or to a friend, who wants to consider a second career. Clear advice, many examples, useful lists of phrases, terms, action words to be used in resumes, suggestions on what to do and not to do in writing applications or preparing for an interview.
– Dr. Hermann Schwind, Professor Emeritus, Human Resource Management, Saint Mary’s University, Halifax